Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Posted: October 5, 2020
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Castanet has an immediate opening for a video journalist in Kamloops or Kelowna.
We are seeking an energetic reporter with experience in video or broadcast journalism.
You will produce daily video content as well as written stories for the BC Interior’s 24/7 source for news and information. Castanet News has an audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and more than nine million page views.
You will be a motivated, self-starting and journalist with the ability to produce concise, must-read and must-watch stories with quality photographs and captivating headlines.
Previous experience with video editing software is a must.
- Ability to produce at least five tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts in the BC Interior
- Great writing ability and videography skills
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver's licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the BC Interior.
- Training will be provided.
If you are interested, submit a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
Colin Dacre, Content Manager
455 Lawrence Avenue