The Post Millennial
|Provincial Freelance Journalists
Location: Multiple Locations, 0
Posted: September 30, 2020
The Post Millennial (TPM) is a growing media outlet looking for freelance journalists in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia. You will assist our team in covering politics and news, with a particular emphasis on events that occur in the provinces’ legislatures. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar setting.
- Work closely with our editorial team to identify stories in the news cycle.
- Build relationships with politicians and stakeholders in the province’s system.
- Conduct research (primary and secondary) on a variety of issues, in a variety of industries and sectors.
- Learn, understand, and operate interviews with politicians and key people of interest.
- Experience and/or keen interest in writing, interviewing, and telling stories about key events taking place in the province.
- Excellent English writing skills, with a keen eye for grammar and spelling.
- The ability to acquire skills and knowledge specific to an assigned project, and a knack for becoming an expert on new and complex topics.
- The ability to think creatively about this knowledge, imaging how it might come to life not just as strategy, but as stories, content, and experiences for different audiences.
- A can-do, self-starter mentality and an entrepreneurial approach to working within our growing team.
- A strong work ethic organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in the French language is required for the Quebec position.
- Press credentials a strong plus
- Although TPM is based out of Montreal, you will be required to work remotely in your current province, ideally where you have credentials. This will require strong self-motivation and communication skills.
- Unconventional backgrounds and experience are welcome and encouraged.
Please forward a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
The Post Millennial
397 Rue Laurier Ouest
Web address: http://thepostmillennial.com