Western Forest Products
|Content and Media Specialist
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posted: September 23, 2020
Western Forest Products has an exciting opportunity for a Content and Media Specialist based in Vancouver, BC. Passionate about the art of storytelling, the Content & Media Specialist works as part of the Corporate Affairs team and closely with business units including Partnerships and Sustainability, Human Resources, and the Executive team to curate and develop content strategies and plans to enhance engagement and understanding of Western’s business practices with targeted audiences leveraging appropriate channels.
The Content & Media Specialist is an excellent writer, first and foremost, who has a thirst for telling great stories. The position is responsible for develop a compelling brand narrative and supporting it through print, web, intranet and social media strategy and execution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- An in-house reporter, you are adept at identifying and telling stories and use your stellar writing skills to draft content that can be leveraged for use in all channels including: collateral materials, social media, video, speaking points, speeches, websites, etc.
- A systems thinker, you see the big picture and work with your colleagues and business units to develop an editorial calendar for content development and execution across online and offline channels.
- Engage in regular dialogue with company managers to gain a broader understanding of forestry and manufacturing facility activities, and to maintain an understanding of current employee communication challenges and requirements.
Media Strategy and Execution
- Manage the maintenance for the company website, intranet and social media accounts, including sourcing of news items, development and distribution of content, channel engagement, growth and oversight.
- Develop a social media strategy; staying attuned to trends and innovations, new platforms and channels to constantly evolve, check and adjust strategy.
- Analyzing and reviewing social media channels and developing content that is optimized for engagement, reach and conversion;
- Driving social content planning, scheduling, and posting on Western’s channels (including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram);
- Reporting against KPIs on a weekly basis; helping prepare data for monthly and quarterly business reports; tracking channel success against department KPIs, providing rationale and recommendations as needed.
- Support the Senior Director, Communications to coordinate media responses and/or reporting.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive total rewards package, which includes competitive compensation with a pay-for-performance philosophy, employer-paid benefits, pension and other programs designed to support our employees and meet their needs. If you invest your time and talents in our company, we will invest in you.
We strive to support our people in reaching their full potential. We provide a variety of on-the-job training and continuing education in many areas at Western to ensure you have the skills you need to succeed. Our promote-from-within culture recognizes high performance, and we offer diverse career paths across the organization for those with the talent and will to advance.
ABOUT WESTERN FOREST PRODUCTS
Western Forest Products is a Canadian forest products company that sustainably manages forests and manufactures high-quality wood products. We are committed to providing the most sustainable building products on the planet. With operations in the coastal region of British Columbia and Washington State, Western Forest Products meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering sourced from our secure access to a variety of coastal BC tree species. Our progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices and large investment in manufacturing ensures the health and prosperity of our forests, communities and business for generations to come.
We provide equal opportunity in recruitment, career development, promotion, training and rewards for all employees.
WHO YOU ARE
Education and Experience
- Degree, diploma or certificate in: Social Media, Journalism, Digital Design, Broadcasting, Communications, Digital Marketing or related field
- Minimum four years of experience in a communications or a related social media position
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, content management systems and social media channels, and social content management and measurement platforms are essential. Experience with SharePoint is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Demonstrated track record and deep understanding of the social media ecosystem, content planning, and execution
- Experience in copywriting and producing content for social, print, digital, social, web, video and other media, and comfort in creating for those platforms.
- A love for digital innovation and a finger on the pulse of digital trends
- Knowledge of channel analytics and reporting experience
- A self-starter with excellent judgement, influence, leadership and integrity.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong and proven project management skills.
Please apply through our website through this link below with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume.
Web address: http://westernforest.com\careers\