Contex Group inc. (Benefits Canada)
|Associate Editor, Benefits Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: September 15, 2020
Deadline: October 2, 2020
Do you have an interest in health issues, financial matters, demographic trends and the impact on the workplace? Can you see how issues like increased longevity are affecting our society? If so, Benefits Canada, a publication focused on pensions and benefits, may be the place for you.
We are seeking an experienced journalist to join the Benefits Canada team to fill the role of associate editor. The primary responsibilities will be to write and edit news and feature articles for Benefits Canada magazine and benefitscanada.com. The ideal candidate will have a background and interest in writing about investment matters, as well as health care and human resources.
Reporting to the editor, the key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Write features and other content for Benefits Canada magazine
- Generate story ideas and leads
- Collaborate with colleagues to write and post web content for benefitscanada.com, as well as deploying the newsletter
- Assist with putting together Benefits Canada’s daily newsletter and help manage social media platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Attend and report on industry events (currently this involves virtual events, such as webinars, as well as Benefits Canada’s own virtual events)
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of relevant editing/writing experience with a background in business journalism
- A strong interest and experience in investments
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, interviewing and proofreading skills
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office and WordPress; HTML skills would be an asset
- Superior research skills and knowledge of web analytics
- Ability to work well as part of an editorial team; a true team player
- Excellent time management skills in a deadline-driven environment
Please send your cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
Contex Group inc.