Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Posted: September 15, 2020
Deadline: October 7, 2020
Castanet has an immediate opening for a news director/editor in Kamloops.
We are seeking an energetic and talented leader for our newsroom in Kamloops. You will have deep experience in writing and website management as well as video production and editing.
You will lead a newsroom of three and have your hand on the pulse of the city, directing coverage of breaking news, city council, court and anything else the community is talking about.
Castanet is the BC Interior’s 24/7 source for news and information with an audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and more than nine million page views.
You will be a motivated, self-starting and experienced journalist with the ability to produce and edit concise, must-read stories with quality photographs and captivating headlines. You can shoot video consistently and quickly with a minimum of supervision.
You can manage and mentor other journalists to ensure expectations are being met across the newsroom.
- Ability to produce at least five tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
- Experience with website content management systems
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts in the BC Interior
- Able to manage, mentor and guide reporters
- Excellent writing ability and photography skills, strong knowledge of CP style
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver's licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the BC Interior.
- Training will be provided.
If you are interested, submit a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to Content Manager Colin Dacre at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Kamloops news director application" included in the subject line.
455 Lawrence Avenue