Turnkey Media Solutions Inc.
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Posted: September 5, 2020
Join the staff at Turnkey Media Solutions Inc. as the editor, responsible for working on CARS magazine, Jobber News magazine, their respective e-newsletters and our website www.AutoServiceWorld.com
Turnkey Media Solutions is a small publishing firm that publishes Canada’s top magazine for the auto repair and service industry. If you are a self-starter and enjoy being an integral and impactful part of a team, this job may be for you.
We want staff who think outside of the box and are willing to help the team whenever needed. This is a stimulating and constructive industry populated with down-to-earth people. Travel is also required for events across Canada and the US (pandemic permitting).
This role is a remote working opportunity (form home) with occasional in-person team meetings.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create, produce, and manage high-quality content for both print and digital
- Basic photography and video production
- Run and operate WordPress site (specific of uploading content)
- Basic HTML coding
- Design and maintain weekly e-Newsletters
- Build relationships with clients, suppliers, industry professionals and establish collaboration with freelancers and other team members
- Supervise layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork
- Regularly check and track content
- Proofread and edit material
- Manage our Social Media presence
- Adhere to copyright and privacy standards and company policies
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
- A diploma or degree in journalism from a recognized institution
- Experience in B2B writing (some knowledge of the automotive aftermarket would be a plus)
- Strong writing, editing, digital, video and photography skills
- 3-5 years previous working experience
- Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills
- Available portfolio of published work
- Some knowledge of software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Will require a car for GTA-area reporting and a valid passport for international travel
This position offers:
Competitive salary and benefits. You are trusted with the ability to truly impact the success of the company. Turnkey Media's growth and success will be your growth and success!
CARS magazine and Jobber News are produced by Turnkey Media Solutions Inc. in Whitby, Ont.
For more information, visit www.autoserviceworld.com or contact Publisher Peter Bulmer at (416) 605-5346 or Delon Rashid at (416) 459-0063.
To apply, please email cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resumes with writing samples to: Peterb@newcom.ca and Delon@newcom.ca
Turnkey Media Solutions Inc.
48 Lumsden Crescent
Tel: (416) 459-0063