Manor Park Chronicle
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: August 21, 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Salary: To be negotiated
The Manor Park Chronicle is a self-supporting, not-for-profit publication of the Manor Park Community Association (MPCA) and the Manor Park Community Council (MPCC). As a long-established voice of record for the community, its goal is to be a source of information and news about diverse issues, people and events important to our community, a forum to foster community expression and engagement, and a platform to encourage, strengthen and recognize community involvement and participation.
The Manor Park Chronicle is seeking a creative, collaborative and experienced professional in the community to oversee production of its five issues annually (September, November, January, March and May). With guidance from the advisory board and support from a highly experienced and cohesive production team, the managing editor will be tasked primarily with overseeing production, revitalizing editorial content by adding to our base of writers and soliciting new columns, and providing the vision to take the Chronicle to the next level.
Compensation is subject to negotiation.
- Responsibility for all editorial content (print and online)
- Recruit writers and photographers to cover stories and events
- Solicit new columns
- Generate and assign story ideas
- Contribute own stories/columns/editorials
- Maintain a close relationship with the Chronicle Advisory Board, in particular to discuss new content ideas
- Manage administrative duties related to the operation of the Chronicle
- Maintain and foster relationship with local community organizations, businesses and community members
- Liaise with Manor Park Community Council and Manor Park Community Association for submission of their contributions and pages
- Develop and maintain a publication/production schedule for each issue, in consultation with the advertising manager and layout editor
- Liaise with board treasurer as required
The September 2020 issue of the newspaper is already well in hand. Ideally, the successful candidate would transition into the role for the November 2020 issue, and take full charge for the January 2021 issue.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resumé and cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manor Park Chronicle
1051 Blasdell Avenue