Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posted: July 30, 2020
Deadline: August 13, 2020
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, and an employer family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
We are seeking a skilled Media Technologist who enjoys working in a content engineering & encoding environment that is fast-paced and agile where operational priorities change quickly.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we want to hear from you!
- Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
- Establish, maintain, and support the operational capacity metrics for all media processing platforms; including encoding, transcoding, and analysis, by interacting with product management, QA, and support teams;
- 1st and 2nd tier troubleshooting, focusing on MAM, quality control and key video-based integration points (file & baseband);
- Assist and support operational structure by identifying and resolving complex hardware and software issues;
- Assist, create, develop, and implement SOPs, training documents and update drawings pertaining to the various operations of the OTT/MAM systems.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A degree/diploma in Media Technology or related field with proven experience;
- Broadcast programming exposure with expertise in VOD and LIVE/Linear;
- Experience with many file based video/audio codecs/standards, wrappers, closed captioning and subtitles;
- Experience with Linux and Windows;
- Knowledge of Autocad and/or transcoding platform Telestream Vantage is an asset;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers! Please apply before Thursday August 13, 2020.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment - all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
339 Portage Ave.
Tel: (204) 947-9331
Web address: http://www.aptn.ca