|Freelance Writers (multiple)
Location: Tecumseh, Ontario
Posted: May 5, 2020
Salary: not stated
Torstar Local is looking for freelance writers (news/current affairs/sports) who live in the Tecumseh area to produce stories on a contract basis for news and community bulletin board app The TecumsehLocal.
What you will do:
- Research and write five to 10 news and feature stories per week
- Topics can include police, municipal, transportation, health, community, family, real estate, business, people, sports, and events
- Attend some public meetings and events
- Conduct interviews on the phone or in-person
- Take photos when necessary
- Produce succinct, clear, and accurate copy on deadline
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- The opportunity to be part of a farseeing progressive media company with a long, proud history of delivering content to readers for over a century, and a passion for embracing the opportunities created by the rapidly evolving world of digital and mobile media.
- Being at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment.
- You’ll be proud of the work you are doing, because you can feel confident that what you are doing does matter and reverberates throughout the communities we service.
- …and let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
Some media experience is preferred.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.
Kindly apply with a resumé, links to writing samples and a cover note - stating you found thsi job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board and indicating where you live and what region you are applying to.