Burns Lake District News
Location: Burns Lake, British Columbia
Posted: March 10, 2020
Deadline: May 10, 2020
Lakes District News has an opening for a full-time, permanent Multi-Media Journalist, with a focus on a full range of news, community features, arts, culture and sports.
This is a dynamic position located in Burns Lake with far-ranging opportunity for growth for a Journalist looking for a diverse community and region to cover.
This successful candidate will join the largest multi-media news force in British Columbia. Black Press employs 185 journalists in the province, and is rapidly expanding its multimedia platforms in addition to longstanding, profitable print products.
The Multi-Media Journalist generates content for the paper’s website, the weekly print product and robust social media interaction with viewers.
We will select a top applicant who brings these skills and talents:
- Superior writing for print and web.
- A demonstrated ability in covering breaking news in an online environment.
- Excellent skills in driving website traffic and audience engagement through multimedia news content generation, including SEO and UGC strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of photography, and video shooting and editing. Regular video production is a standard requirement in all
- Black Press newsrooms.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing original story ideas.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie and Canadian Press style.
- The successful candidate must be a team player, able to multi-task and execute in a complex digital and print publishing environment.
- Applicants must hold formal journalism degrees or diplomas, and broadcast training and experience are distinct assets.
- A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and a smartphone are mandatory.
Send a cover letter (stating you found this job on jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board), your resume and samples of work to:
Laura Blackwell, publisher
Lakes District News
Burns Lake , B.C.
V0J 1E0 ,
Tel: (250) 692-7526