100 Mile House Free Press
Location: 100 Mile House, British Columbia
Posted: February 28, 2020
The 100 Mile Free Press has an opening in our award-winning newsroom for a full-time journalist.
We’re a cohesive team and are looking for a new teammate.
We’re looking for someone who’s willing to cover just about every beat including community stories, entertainment, breaking news and sports.
The last candidate standing will have excellent digital skills, is hungry to be first and willing to take an innovative approach to stories. They’ll also have stellar photography and videography skills, as well as being able to deliver stories on a tight deadline and have a flexible schedule. They’ll be contributing to our print edition, digital products and possibly special publications.
The 100 Mile Free Press is a weekly newspaper with a strong online presence that’s part of Black Press Media, Canada’s largest privately held, independent community newspaper company with more than 150 newspapers.
- Degree in journalism;
- Strong writing skills; familiarity with CP style;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Reporting, writing stories, covering events, shooting video and photos;
- Pitching story ideas;
- Ensuring daily, timely website and social media postings are scheduled and completed;
- Some editing of local news stories, columns and letters to the editor;
- Aid in weekly planning and layout of print editions, as required;
- Some travelling and vacation coverage for other newspapers.
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
Max Winkelman, editor
100 Mile Free Press
#3-536 Horse Lake Rd
100 Mile House
Tel: (250) 395-2219
Web address: http://www.100milefreepress.net