|Reporter (6-month contract)
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Posted: February 13, 2020
Deadline: February 21, 2020
Brunswick News is recruiting for a reporter for a six-month contract in our Telegraph-Journal newsroom in Saint John, with potential for the contract to extend or develop into a full-time opportunity. As a reporter, you have a keen sense for news, an eagerness to break stories and a clean, clear writing style. Our reporters quickly immerse themselves in assignments, thoroughly researching and reporting news and feature stories to deadlines from minutes to days away. They are enterprising and dig up stories on their own. This is an opportunity to work with award-winning journalists in building a digital audience for our successful subscription-based digital news service while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Career growth within our network of media outlets.
- Challenging, meaningful work.
- University or college-level studies in journalism or a related field.
- Previous newsroom experience a definite asset.
- A clean, clear writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of, and experience in, using social media.
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to multitask in high-stress situations.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style.
- Excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French an asset.
- Photography and videography skills are also an asset.
- A sound understanding of media law.
- A valid driver's licence.
- Desire to live and work in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Brunswick News is Atlantic Canada’s most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick daily. Our network of media outlets includes New Brunswick's three daily newspapers, more than a dozen small-market newspapers, flyer distribution services, magazines, an innovative online product and an online recruitment site.
Brunswick News is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Marie Sutherland, editor
939 Main Street
, New Brunswick