|Reporter - Penticton
Location: Penticton, British Columbia
Posted: February 5, 2020
Castanet has an immediate opening for a full-time reporter in Penticton.
We're seeking an energetic, talented journalist with experience in news and feature writing, photography, website management and video production and editing.
Do you have a nose for news, sense of urgency, skill with a camera and great writing ability?
We’re the Okanagan and BC Interior’s 24/7 source for news and information with an audience of more than 400,000 unique visitors a week and 8 million page views.
We’re looking for motivated, self-starting individuals able to produce concise, must-read stories with quality photographs and captivating headlines. You can shoot video consistently and quickly with a minimum of supervision.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Ability to produce at least five tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
- Experience in video editing, on-camera work as well as shooting
- Experience with website content management systems
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts
- Able to develop own leads and story ideas on a daily basis
- Excellent writing ability and photography skills, strong knowledge of CP style
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver's licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the Okanagan
- A journalism degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) is preferred although not necessary.
Send applications with a cover letter stating your cover letter stating that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, resume and links to related work examples to:
455 Lawrence Ave