Advocate Printing & Publishing - The Light
Location: Oxford & Pugwash Areas, Nova Scotia
Posted: January 30, 2020
Are you passionate about helping our customers experience growth and make a difference?
If so, our environment will allow you to grow, be supported by peers who inspire you and make you smile when you walk in the door. The Light is searching for an enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing Local Journalist Reporter with the ability to report the latest news both in print and through online media channels. As a Journalist your reporting will be noticed while you work with an award-winning editorial team.
Who are we and what do we do?
At The Light, a division of Advocate Printing and Publishing Company, we are committed to enhancing our economy and communities through better communication. To make this world a better place for ourselves, and our children, we pursue economic growth, social progress and environment protection in a sustainable manner and support various organizations through funding and participation.
How does a publishing and print company from a small Maritime town become a major force in the Atlantic Canadian communications industry and a hands down favorite with clients?
- Work Ethic
What does this mean for you?
The successful candidate will make a difference by contributing engaging editorial stories with our editorial team. The Journalist represents the company within the community, and collaborates with other editorial, sales and production teams. The successful candidate will be assigned to cover the two local governments, courts, and provincial and federal government news that directly affect the Oxford and Pugwash areas. They will provide written content for The Light, as well as online content for the website, including video and audio. Please note, this is a full-time term position set to conclude in March 2021 with no guarantee of continuing past that date.
- The successful candidate must reside in the communities being covered
- Must be inquisitive, have adept writing skills with the ability to absorb information quickly
- Superior organizational skills
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Committed to positive business results
- Excellent research, photography and writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent reporting experience
- Ideally Internship experience in the field and the newsroom
- Able to demonstrate skill set with a portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Creative thinker with goal-oriented attitude to achieve results personally and through others
- Must possess own transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must travel occasionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while ensuring excellence and quality standards are met
- Passionate about Atlantic Canada and current affairs
All applications will be gratefully accepted however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
Advocate Printing & Publishing - The LighthouseNOW
Oxford & Pugwash Areas
, Nova Scotia