Honeycomb Worldwide Inc.
|Senior Life Science Journalist
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: January 27, 2020
Honeycomb Worldwide is looking for a senior life science journalist to fill a full-time position at Xtalks, its established digital media and webinar production brand. The incumbent will be joining a vibrant marketing and promotions team and should have a strong background in the life sciences and be passionate about journalism. Candidates with experience writing daily news stories and feature articles would be preferred.
Xtalks is the world’s leading provider of educational webinars for the international pharma, biotech, food, life science and medical device communities. Always at the forefront of digital media, the Xtalks team strives to connect practitioners with quality content in the most accessible and interactive way possible.
The successful candidate will source, write and create content for our website, with a particular focus on the pharmaceutical, medical device and greater life sciences industry. The journalist will be responsible for:
- Pitching feature ideas that are industry-relevant
- Arranging and conducting interviews as part of research for stories
- Writing daily news articles
- Writing advertorial content
- Writing featured in-depth blog posts
- Promoting the completed content through various social media channels
- Involvement in the production of our Xtalks Vitals video content
- Acting as a moderator for live webinars
The successful candidates will be based at our Bay Street offices in the heart of Toronto’s bustling Yorkville, just a few steps from Bay/Bloor subway station.
Please visit Xtalks.com for more information. Candidates should submit a sample of their written work, any video assets, along with their resume and cover letter.
Honeycomb (Xtalks) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Post-graduate degree in a life-sciences related field essential
- College diploma or bachelor's degree in journalism, broadcasting or closely related field of study an asset
- Experience managing others an asset
- Experience proofing/fact-checking scientific writing
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or other B2B publishing industry is highly desirable but not required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A practical understanding of on-page SEO is an asset
- Experience with on-camera news reporting an asset
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing story ideas
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a close team
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to moderate live webinar events (training provided)
Please visit Xtalks.com for more information. Candidates should submit a sample of their written work, any video assets, along with their resume and cover letter stating you found this on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board to:
Honeycomb Worldwide Inc.
1235 Bay St. Suite 802
Web address: http://xtalks.com