Location: Thorold, Ontario
Posted: November 14, 2019
Village Media is a network of local news and information websites that is rapidly expanding across the country. We are currently seeking a talented and motivated journalist to join our news team at ThoroldNews.com
We’re born digital, and we have a passion for up-to-the minute news. Mostly, we love to tell great stories.
- Are driven to find stories that matter to their community
- Relish chasing down a breaking news story and relaying it to readers as it happens
- Love digging for a story and aren’t afraid to ask tough questions
- Are committed to fairness, accuracy and ethics
- Have exceptional writing skills and editing skills
- Degree or diploma in journalism, or related field;
- Superior language, writing and editing skills;
- Able to assign and manage a team of freelance reporters
- Strong photography skills and an interest in video;
- Some photography and associated editing software experience;
- Able to work a variety of schedules, including evenings, nights and weekends;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure;
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle;
- Willingness to relocate to Bradford West Gwillimbury.
About Village Media
Village Media operates a number of local news and community websites throughout Ontario. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists to the communities that we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries, and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events, charitable causes, and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We’re more than just news: Village Media is all about community.
Applicants should send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume, along with relevant samples of your work to:
Web address: http://villagemedia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=48