King's County Record
Location: Sussex, New Brunswick
Posted: October 30, 2019
Deadline: December 30, 2019
Brunswick News is recruiting for a full-time reporter position at the King’s County Record in Sussex, New Brunswick.
We are looking for journalists with keen news sense and clarity of writing style. From breaking news and crime reporting to local and regional politics, business and culture, our reporters are driven by curiosity that breaks down the walls between beats and transcends digital-print divides.
- University or college-level studies in journalism or a related field.
- Previous newsroom experience.
- A clean, clear writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of, and experience in using, social media.
- Highly developed organizational skills -- able to multi-task, particularly in high-stress situations.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style.
- An excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be a definite asset.
- Photography and videography skills are also an asset.
- A sound understanding of media law.
- A valid driver's licence.
- Desire to live and work in the beautiful town of Sussex, New Brunswick.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, RRSP, Health, Drug and Dental benefits.
- Career growth within our network of media outlets.
- Challenging, meaningful work.
Brunswick News is Atlantic Canada’s most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick daily. Our network of media outlets includes New Brunswick's three daily newspapers, more than a dozen small-market newspapers, flyer distribution services, magazines, an innovative online product and an online recruitment site.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board to:
Marie Sutherland, editor