Location: Westmount, Quebec
Posted: October 25, 2019
Deadline: November 15, 2019
CIM Magazine, Canada’s foremost mining magazine is offering a 12-week paid internship opportunity for upper-year students and recent graduates. The intern will work from our Westmount, QC, office, and have the chance to have input in all facets of magazine editorial (print and online versions).
During the internship, the intern will mainly be called upon to write and edit copy, conduct interviews, post articles to the magazine website, attend story meetings and see the magazine progress through the production cycle.
CIM Magazine is published by the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) eight times per year and distributed to more than 10,000 CIM members and at industry-related events and conferences throughout the year.
Our coverage of mining includes the technical, financial, social and environmental aspects of the industry. Each issue of the magazine contains:
- product briefs
- columns from experts in the field
- a number of short features
- a profile of a mining project
- a long-form feature story
- updates on various activities of the Institute
- mining lore
The intern will work 35 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Essential: some news writing and editing experience
- Important: familiarity with Canadian Press style
- No, you don’t need to be familiar with mining, but it helps
Send your resume and writing samples via e-mail, including the job title in the subject line, along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, to:
Ryan Bergen, editor-in-chief