St. Albert Gazette
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Posted: October 7, 2019
Deadline: November 4, 2019
The St. Albert Gazette, an award-winning twice-weekly newspaper in Alberta’s Capital Region, is looking for an experienced reporter to join the team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of business and how it impacts residents, a passion for storytelling and good photo and video skills. As part of our busy newsroom, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with others, producing high-quality stories and photos, delivered through various platforms including print, web, video and social media.
The candidate must also be self-motivated and have a proven ability to generate story ideas.
Requirements of the position include:
- A demonstrated ability to write crisp, engaging stories;
- Excellent interviewing skills, demonstrating an ability to establish an appropriate rapport with sources;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ensuring deadlines are always met;
- Have a keen interest in economics, finance and business reporting;
- Strong digital photography skills, as well as video and video editing skills;
- Experience in community reporting including features, spot news, coverage of essential community beats;
- A valid driver’s licence.
In addition, preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have a strong understanding of online reporting and social media, and the appropriate integration of those tools to complement print products;
- Have previous editing or layout experience, and general experience at a community newspaper;
- Live in St. Albert
- Can write a compelling editorial.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are encouraged to submit a resume, cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board) and samples of your work before Nov. 4 to:
St. Albert Gazette
340 Carleton Drive
Tel: (780) 460-5510