Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Posted: September 26, 2019
Deadline: October 20, 2019
The award-winning Tbnewswatch newsroom has an immediate opening for a full-time multimedia news reporter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing news stories, photographs for the website’s local news section daily. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work on numerous beats, including council, and must generate their own stories in addition to taking instructions from the editor.
A multimedia reporter with tbnewswatch.com is also responsible for initiating and developing ideas for weekly feature stories. Cultivating sources and establishing expertise in order to break stories in an online environment. Providing photographs and videos to accompany feature stories is also required. Editing duties, including publishing stories on tbnewswatch.com and social media is also required.
Tbnewswatch.com is the online component of Dougall Media, a multimedia company based in Thunder Bay that operates a television station, weekly newspaper and various radio stations.
- A diploma or degree in print journalism, broadcasting or a related field
- At least 1 year experience in journalism
- Experience with photography, videography, including knowledge of editing software
- A strong understanding of social media and mobile devices and various operating systems
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
- A valid driver’s licence
- An ability to meet tight deadlines
We thank you for your application, however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume, cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and
examples of your writing and photography to:
note that resumes and cover letters sent without a portfolio of published work
will not be considered for this or future positions with tbnewswatch.com.
87 North Hill Street
Web address: http://www.tbnewswatch.com