The Northern Light
Location: Bathurst, New Brunswick
Posted: September 11, 2019
Deadline: September 25, 2019
BNI is Atlantic Canada's most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick daily. Our network of media outlets includes New Brunswick's three daily newspapers, more than a dozen small-market newspapers, flyer distribution services, magazines, an innovative online product and an online recruitment site.
We are currently seeking an Editor (12-18 month term-contract) for the Northern Light in Bathurst to help lead a vibrant local-news operation. As a change-friendly journalist, this is your opportunity to work with award-winning journalists in building a digital audience for our successful paywall news site while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
The successful candidate will combine strong journalistic judgement, an enthusiasm for breaking news and the ability to bring readers to that content through social media. Our new editor will be not just a seasoned editor and reporter, but a leader and mentor.
Reporting to the editor of the Times & Transcript, the Northern Light editor will be a hands-on role for a dedicated front-line newsroom leader devoted to excellence in community journalism.
- The desire to live and work in the beautiful city of Bathurst, New Brunswick
- Proven track record as a leader of editorial staff
- Demonstrated ability to shape stories and to propel ideas and issues
- Conversant in, and insistent on, the use of social media
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an eye for detail
- A BA degree, a journalism degree and/or professional publishing courses are a plus
- Bilingualism an asset
Please send your cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, resume and clippings to:
939 Main Street
, New Brunswick