Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posted: September 10, 2019
Deadline: September 29, 2019
Are you ready for the next step in your publishing career? MONTECRISTO Magazine is a well-established luxury lifestyle print and digital publication based in Vancouver. We celebrate the best of the city and beyond—from design to business, fashion to the arts. And we are growing.
MONTECRISTO Magazine is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and innovative Digital Editor who is ready to take our online presence to the next level. Working closely with MONTECRISTO’s Editor, the Digital Editor will create and implement a digital strategy that builds the magazine’s profile across online and social media platforms, engaging new audiences while retaining a strong sense of our values and core interests.
Start date: September 30, 2019.
- Work with the Editor to create and implement a digital and social media strategy designed to find new audiences and increase engagement across all platforms.
- Create and maintain an online editorial calendar.
- Assign and edit online stories, develop relationships with and commission freelancers across key content areas.
- Oversee all digital content and social media created by the MONTECRISTO team.
- Play a key role in suggesting and leading areas of future digital development.
- Write and package online stories as needed.
- Track and report on digital analytics.
- Assist the Editor during print production as required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in digital publishing, preferably with a degree of responsibility.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable knowledge of trends across digital and social media.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices.
- Proven ability to generate compelling story ideas.
- Scrupulous attention to detail, excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience using publishing and analytics tools including Google suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, WordPress, and SEM Rush.
- Proactive and willing to take on any task.
- Positive attitude and a good team player.
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results.
- Self-starter, organized, and a good problem-solver.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of MONTECRISTO Magazine, both in print and digital.
- Is passionate about Vancouver and the people who make it tick.
Full time, permanent position. Benefits plan after successful completion of probationary period.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this position (and stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board), your resumé, and links to three recently published editorial stories, online packages, or social media campaigns (or a combination) that you were responsible for to: