Huddle Today Limited
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posted: August 20, 2019
Huddle tells the stories of the creative, innovative, and interesting entrepreneurs working in the Maritimes. We report on the issues and events that help or hinder their ability to create wealth and employment. Huddle has a broad definition of entrepreneurship, knowing that it exists in many sectors, including but not limited to IT, energy, agriculture, tourism, food and beverage, health and culture. We are a news site, and a gathering place for people with ambition who, through their companies and communities, want to help build stronger economies. That includes owners and operators of businesses, people who work for them, and people invested in the success of local companies.
Huddle is looking for a News Reporter in Halifax, NS the region’s largest city and an economic and cultural driver. The ideal candidate has a passion for business and entrepreneurship, and is keen to connect with that community to find story ideas and help build an audience for the stories themselves. The person is a strong storyteller and reporter who can work independently in a Halifax bureau that works with the editorial team in Saint John and Moncton. The News Reporter will take part in daily production of the website’s content, including:
- Pitching original ideas and taking assignments specific to the Halifax and Nova Scotia business community.
- Doing research, conducting interviews, writing news and feature stories.
- Writing Facebook and Twitter posts, and playing an active role in finding the audience for stories and engaging with them.
- Taking pictures, taping audio and video interviews, and integrating media into stories where appropriate.
- Experience or an active interest in business and economic issues.
- Excellent reporting and writing skills.
- The right blend of education and journalism experience, with a degree in journalism considered an asset.
- A demonstrated passion and aptitude for social media and connecting with a community of readers.
- WordPress experience, or familiarity with similar content management systems.
- Photography and videography skills.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity please apply with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, resume, and three writing samples.
Huddle Today Limited
Web address: http://hdrc.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_4002/job/1551/?utm_medium=