Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: August 19, 2019
Established in 2003, the Kitchissippi Times (KT) is an independent Ottawa-area community newspaper owned by Great River Media. KT is published every month and is distributed to more than 10,000 households across the City of Ottawa's Kitchissippi Ward by Canada Post. KT also reaches its readers through active social media channels, regular email newsletters and community events.
KT operates with a very small team, including an editor, advertising sales representative and a graphic designer. All positions are part time.
KT is now recruiting an editor.
- Lead the process to create editorial content for KT newsmagazine / digital edition; this includes special sections
- Oversee the production process for KT newsmagazine (example: slotting articles, proofreading, approving pages for press)
- Keep KT visible on social media channels
- Update website with newsmagazine content and exclusive web content, if budget allows
- Send twice monthly email newsletters
- Manage the editorial budget
- Be an ambassador for KT in the neighbourhood, including responding to reader emails
- Provide input into evolution of business model
- Excellent writing, interviewing and communication skills
- At least three years of experience as a news reporter and/or news editor
- Ability to work independently and produce an exceptional publication
- Experience growing digital audiences
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, as well as social media marketing platforms such as Hootsuite
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Ottawa Business Journal
250 City Centre Ave., Suite 500
Tel: (613) 297-5636