|Multi-media reporter/editor (2 positions)
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Posted: August 8, 2019
Salary: Based on experience
The Northwest B.C. Black Press group seeks exceptional journalists and editors who will excel at leading our newsrooms to continued success in print and digital community journalism in beautiful northwestern British Columbia.
We are rapidly expanding our multimedia platforms, built on a foundation of highly-respected community newspapers known for their accuracy, insight, and integrity.
We leverage local scale and outstanding journalism to compete aggressively in the digital market, while maintaining core print products that continue to deliver in-depth, relevant and engaging content to a wide demographic, and producing results for marketing clients who depend on the delivery of their message via multiple platforms.
The northwest region of British Columbia offers a mix of urban and rural living, combining exceptional outdoor and adventure pursuits with a vibrant arts and culture community, all in a spectacular mountain and ocean settings.
The positions are available in Prince Rupert and Terrace B.C.
Come live where others pay to visit.
- Have a degree or diploma in journalism and an outstanding grasp of grammar and CP style;
- Possess excellent understanding of social media, photography, video, and print journalism. Broadcast or video experience would be a distinct asset;
- Drive a sense of urgency for coverage of breaking news online;
- Assist and lead the ongoing development of website optimization and content;
- Demonstrate initiative and determination to improve and supplement both digital and print platforms, inspiring the news team through leadership by example;
- Produce quality written articles and videos, as well as opinion pieces;
- Possess excellent editing skills across all platforms; and
- Hold a valid driver's licence, reliable vehicle and smartphone (all are required).
Please send by e-mail a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resumé to Todd Hamilton, Black Press Northwest B.C. group publisher. Phone calls will not be accepted.
737 Fraser Street
, British Columbia