Telegraph-Journal/Times & Transcript
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Posted: August 2, 2019
Salary: not stated
We are looking for one last of three full-time business journalists (within collective agreements). The roles are based in each of the newsrooms of New Brunswick daily newspapers in Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton.
The ideal candidates will have excellent news judgment, an eagerness to break stories and a clean, clear writing style. We require reporters who quickly get immersed in assignments, thoroughly researching and reporting business news and feature stories to tight deadlines, are enterprising and will dig up exclusive stories.
- report and write stories primarily on the business beat for print and online
- able to adhere to deadlines and work under pressure
- able to develop stories and pitch original ideas
- identify and report on business trends
- university or college-level studies in journalism or related education
- previous newsroom experience
- a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under deadline pressure
- working knowledge of and experience using social media
- highly-developed organizational skills - able to multi-task and juggle multiple assignments
- an excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be an asset
- photography and videography skills are required
- a solid understanding of media law
- a car and valid driver's license
Brunswick News is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please send a copy of your resume, including clippings and a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, to:
Marie Sutherland, editor