Canadian Catholic News
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: July 11, 2019
Salary: $36,000 - $42,000
Canadian Catholic News (CCN), a non-profit news co-operative that serves Catholic print and digital media publishers across Canada, seeks a correspondent based in Ottawa to fill a contract position.
The correspondent, working approximately 28 hours per week, will provide journalistic coverage to CCN members from a Catholic perspective on matters of national interest.
The areas of coverage will include Parliament Hill, the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops and stories of a national character that are relevant to Catholic print and online publications.
- Write hard news articles and analysis on matters of interest to Catholic readers in the areas of news, politics, religion, public policy and human interest;
- Take photographs of people and events related to the stories covered;
- Distribute articles and photographs electronically in a timely manner to CCN subscribers;
- Maintain membership in the Parliamentary Press Gallery;
- Attend and cover the annual plenary meeting of the CCCB when requested.
- Proven ability as a reporter and photographer to work on deadline;
- A degree in journalism or equivalent experience;
- An appreciation of the teachings of the Catholic Church and suitability to work in a faith-based environment;
- The ability to generate story ideas and work on deadline with minimum supervision.
In addition to a resume, applicants must include a cover letter which describes relevant past experience and describe why they are suitable for this role. Please state in your cover letter that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
The Catholic Register
1155 Yonge St.
Tel: (416) 934-3410