Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 25, 2019
Deadline: July 24, 2019
As a Bilingual Editor (Temp to Perm), you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content in both English & French for Captivate’s network of digital screens in the office environment. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space in both English and French with some translation
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original programming features
N.B. Please note that this is a temporary, contract position (3 months), with the potential to become full-time after the successful completion of the 3-month contract.
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate encourages work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate is a growing, dynamic company with a great work environment that provides the opportunity to make an impact.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!
- Must be fluently bilingual in English & French writing
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- A Bachelor of Journalism or degree in another relevant field
- 2-4 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with CP style
- Meticulous copyediting skills and attention to detail, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop
- Ability to work out of our Toronto office
- Ability to work the morning shift (6 a.m. - 2 p.m./M-F)
Please apply through the link on our career page, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board: