Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 20, 2019
Salary: Based on experience
Canadians for Clean Prosperity (CCP) is a non-profit that believes in protecting the environment and growing our economy at the same time, through market-based solutions to environmental challenges.
Right now, we’re focused on the defining challenge of our time - climate change. We work to educate the public about the importance of a carbon tax as the key solution to addressing climate change. A carbon tax will help us reduce our emissions and transition to a cleaner economy, and the money generated from the carbon tax can all be sent back to families and businesses.
When Canadians understand carbon pricing, they overwhelmingly support it. It’s our job to help them understand the policy and then encourage them to spread the word to their networks. That’s one of the key objectives of the Communications Manager.
Much of our current work is being done through a campaign called Fair Path Forward, which has its own website and brand assets. The FPF campaign is more consumer-oriented and lighter in tone, whereas the Clean Prosperity brand is closer to a think-tank that is targeting key decision-makers including politicians, and the media. You’ll work on both brands, but much of the work will be focused on Fair Path Forward.
Scope of Work
The Communications Manager will help us generate needed content on climate action solutions, climate politics, and carbon taxes.
Social Media - including:
- Managing our social media assets
- Developing compelling content for each of our social media assets
- Responding to social media posts from other key influencers on carbon tax policy
- Responding to messages and select comments sent to us via social media
- Tracking and analyzing results on a weekly basis
Website and other digital content - including:
- Developing content for our website(s), including regular blog posts
- Managing our general email box
- Developing weekly newsletters for our subscribers
- Sending emails to our list-serve at regularly agreed intervals
- Monitoring website analytics and making recommendations to improve user experience
Media - including:
- Drafting press releases and press packets
- Engaging key media players in a timely and responsive manner
- Maintaining a media database
- Acting as point-person for press communication
- Writing op-eds for placement in key media outlets based on agreed-upon goals
- Strong writing skills, ideally as a journalist (preferred) or content writer
- A passion for solving climate change, and a commitment to supporting carbon taxes as the key solution to the climate change challenge
- Baseline understanding of politics and environmental policy in Canada (more intricate knowledge is a bonus)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related field (more would be preferable)
We are open to hiring a contractor for July through October, rather than a full-time staff person if that is your preference for any reason.
Preference may be given to those who are located in Toronto since that is where our office is located, but that is not a requirement.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so please apply with haste if you are interested.
180 John Street
Web address: http://www.cleanprosperity.ca