Women in Payments
|Community Engagement Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: May 24, 2019
Women in Payments unites women from all walks of life in the financial and payment industries to learn about current issues, trends, and innovations. The growing organization has become a network of women who come together for various opportunities including; symposiums, mentorship programs, and to celebrate women's achievements from across the payments ecosystem.
It is an exciting time at Women in Payments. We are growing our team as we grow our audience base. We are developing a unique platform of members and we are looking for a team-playing go-getter with digital community building experience to join us.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing and Communications, the new Community Manager will focus mainly on our new platform while assisting in overall marketing of the brand and audience growth.
Management + Moderation of Online Platform - 50%
- To maintain the women in payments platform of members (aka POM), by engaging with members, and curating relevant content for the community in conjunction with and/or under the guidance of the marketing and communications manager.
- Locating online news articles, journals, documents to post into various sections of POM.
- Posting opportunities and events on behalf of Women in Payments and Women in Payments partners + sponsors, ensuring all content is vetted and top quality.
- To be able to communicate with individuals in multiple formats.
- Technically oriented - able to gain enough of an understanding of how Hivebrite works, to be able to work the back end (and that includes interfacing directly with IT support when needed). We use Hivebrite to power our platform.
- Creating groups with sponsored content adhering to brand guides for both Women in Payments and our sponsors.
- Must be able to prioritize a number of requests and technical support issues from the community.
- Highly organized and administrative, must be able to sort documents and keep files easily accessible for both the internal team and contractors.
- Have a basic understanding of how to use Office 365.
- Being proactive and guiding users through the sign-up process, being an ambassador to new and old members along with our sponsors.
Strategizing + Engagement 40%
- Must have strong communication and writing skills in order to prepare documents and presentations with updates on the success of our online community to the internal team and corporate stakeholders.
- Working closely with our marketing and other internal teams to coordinate materials AND campaigns.
- Creativity WELCOME! Come up with new ideas and new ways to present information on the site.
- Quick learner, and willing to dive into understanding trends within the payments ecosystem.
- Has the ability to come up with new strategies for engaging the online community, and uses business development skills to partner with key stakeholders and sponsors.
- Has experience in web design tools and social media analytics.
- Solutions focused problem solver.
- Team player
- Must be willing and able to work in a virtual team environment. we are looking for a self-starter who values and embraces working independently.
- Please provide salary expectations on application.
JobType: Full-time, remote work from a virtual office with meetings in Toronto
- Online community management: 2+ years (Required)
- Hivebrite: 1 year (Preferred)
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
Women in Payments
Tel: (416) 822-7910
Web address: http://womeninpayments.org/