|Senior Writer/Editorial Manager
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Posted: May 8, 2019
Deadline: June 23, 2019
IT World Canada (ITWC) is looking for a senior writer/editorial manager to enhance its award-winning editorial team covering the Canadian information technology industry. To be considered for this position; you must have at least five years of experience working in Canada’s IT sector in a writing or communications capacity. You’re a writer that is not only self-driven, but capable of mentoring a team of staff journalists, freelancers, and volunteer bloggers. You’re genuinely interested in the technology industry; and committed to amplifying your work across multiple platforms including podcasting and YouTube. This is a full-time position. ITWC offers a competitive salary with benefits.
About IT World Canada
ITWC is a privately-owned digital media and content marketing services company. Building on over three decades of solid relationships with Canada’s technology decision-makers through award-winning excellence in journalism, we deliver incisive, relevant information to executive and managerial audiences. It also provides leading, integrated marketing content strategies to clients, including over 200 global Fortune 1000 companies.
Our online publications include www.itworldcanada.com, www.itbusiness.ca, and www.computerdealernews.com. You’ll be joining the editorial team dedicated to producing engaging journalism for our audience of IT leaders, business executives, and channel partners.
What you’ll do
- Write news briefs and features about IT industry news
- Participate in hosting and distributing a daily podcast, Hashtag Trending
- Maintain content on the website www.ITWorldCanada.com and oversee staff responsible for www.itbusiness.ca and www.channeldailynews.com
- Attend IT industry events to network and create content
- Collaborate with ITWC executives and other department leads
- Work with content partners and volunteers
- Be an ambassador for the ITWC brand, possibly hosting events or speaking in a professional capacity
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve editorial content and impact
You have experience writing about IT in an entertaining and informative way. You understand journalism and interested in practicing it in a business-to-business environment. You have an established social media presence and are well-connected in Canada’s technology industry. You’re able to juggle many different responsibilities, including writing, mentoring/managing a staff, maintaining content on the web, and determining the lineups for email newsletters. You’re able to travel internationally to cover conferences. You have experience in new media production such as podcasting and video.
Your experience includes:
- Writing in a journalism or communications role
- Online media production such as podcasts or video
- Social media branding and writing
- Meeting deadlines
- Managing staff
This is a full-time position. Our office is based at 401 & Markham Rd. in Scarborough, Ont. You’ll often be attending conferences in downtown Toronto or elsewhere. You also have the option to work remotely from home on some days.
Our journalists cover stories of national - and often international interest - within the scope of the IT field and we’re always looking to expand our coverage into new areas. Our editorial team often travels to conferences in the U.S. for coverage.
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- 15 vacation days per year (after probation period)
- Benefits for health and dental
- Computer and smartphone with service plan are provided.
Please review our websites and be prepared to discuss your impressions of them during the interview. Deadline for submissions is May 29, 2019. Please submit a resume and a cover letter, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.