Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posted: March 26, 2019
Deadline: May 1, 2019
NewCom Media is seeking an Associate Editor for Truck News – an award-winning publication serving Canada’s trucking industry.
Truck News covers every aspect of the business that keeps our nation moving, including emerging technology, regulatory issues, personalities, business strategies, and more. If our qualified readers need to know something, it belongs in our pages and on our website.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about journalism and the art of storytelling. The Associate Editor on our team is equally comfortable developing content for print and online environments, writes engaging articles, and has an eye for detail. Candidates should be prepared to travel across North America, attending formal press conferences and presentations, or simply chasing down stories wherever trucks can be found.
The Associate Editor is responsible for varied editorial duties relating to the magazine, its website, and social media feeds. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing feature articles, copy editing, and assembling content for recurring front-of-book departments
- Writing and posting breaking news at www.trucknews.com
- Assembling and managing daily newsletters
- Interacting with readers through social media platforms
- Traveling and working evenings or weekends as required
- Supporting other Newcom Media trucking and supply chain publications
- Qualified candidates will have experience in a magazine or newspaper environment, a post-secondary education in journalism or communications, and comfort working with Microsoft Office software as well as Content Management System interfaces. They effectively manage their time, hold a valid automotive licence, have access to an automobile, and hold a valid passport.
- NewCom Media is a private family-owned company that produces leading magazines, events, and digital platforms serving the automotive, dental, insurance, meetings and incentives, supply chain, and trucking industries.
Familiarity with the trucking industry is an asset, but not required.
Please send a cover
letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, resume, and five samples of your work to:
John G. Smith
thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
John G. Smith
5353 Dundas St. W., Suite 400
Web address: http://www.todaystrucking.com