Montreal Gazette (Postmedia)
|Digital Engagement Editor (part-time)
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posted: March 12, 2019
Deadline: March 22, 2019
The Montreal Gazette is looking for an innovative, high-energy editor to help drive day-to-day engagement across our digital platforms. The successful candidate will be tapped into online trends and approaches to multimedia content creation, able to quickly and effectively build stories across a range of formats, including video. He or she will help to set a high standard for timeliness, relevance and strategic storytelling.
The candidate we are looking for has a demonstrable track record producing video content, speaks analytics fluently, and is active on all social platforms. This candidate is a team player and a self-starter, at ease in a deadline-oriented setting, and is accustomed to fast-paced content creation in a 24/7 daily news operation. He or she will bring a startup mentality of curiosity and experimentation to an established and respected news organization.
Additionally, he or she should be able to check off these skill boxes:
- 5+ years of experience in digital media, news or lifestyle, ideally including supervisory experience
- Ability to identify a good story opportunity and package it for digital distribution
Āú Able to edit and produce video using Final Cut Pro
- Familiarity and experience with Photoshop
- Experience driving engagement with video and other content formats on social platforms
- Familiarity with a wide range of content packaging approaches and publishing tools, including online breaking news, databases, wires, interactives, audio editing, podcasting, photography and videography
To be considered for this position send your resume, contact information and samples of published work - along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to HR@montrealgazette.com
by March 22, 2019.
It is the applicantĀ's responsibility to ensure that all relevant experience and/or skills are identified on his or her resume. Providing a link to a LinkedIn profile, website, blog or other digital presence is not sufficient.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
No follow up calls or emails please. Thank you.
Postmedia Network Inc.