Eli Lilly Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: March 12, 2019
Salary: Very competitive
About the Company:
At Lilly, we’re inspired to make a difference in people’s lives every single day, by discovering life-changing medicines, better understanding disease-management, and supporting people who are living with illness and their families and friends.
Our work today—from our research programs to our volunteer initiatives—is a reflection of our heritage. We unite caring with discovery to make medicines that make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly Canada, our communications professionals are strategic business partners to teams across the affiliate and our global organization. Our mandate is to increase awareness and understanding of Lilly’s medicines and Lilly’s contributions to raising the standard of health care.
We are committed to investing in our employees, through competitive salaries, training and development, health, and the opportunity to do good. The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable people to help us accomplish our mission!
About the Position:
Eli Lilly Canada is looking for a dynamic and skilled communications professional with experience developing and executing product- and corporate-communications plans. Our goal is to raise awareness and understanding among our employees, health-care professionals, and our partners in the community of Lilly’s medicines, product pipeline, and research and development.
You are responsible for developing and executing the communications strategies, plans, and activities in support of medicines and strategic initiatives in one or more of our prioritized therapeutic areas of diabetes, oncology, autoimmunity, neurodegeneration and pain. You report to the Director of Communications for support related to the professional discipline of communications, while being embedded in project teams and meaningfully contributing to the conception and execution of integrated plans and brand strategy.
We value creativity, expansive thinking, and strength in breaking distant goals into achievable steps. A touch of irreverence helps, too.
- Identifying and advising on immediate and long-term communications issues, trends, and opportunities in the identified therapeutic area(s)
- Working with cross-functional partners to translate broad business objectives into targeted and effective communications strategies
- Managing day-to-day relationships with cross-functional Lilly teams, external vendors, media, third-party groups and other audiences, as required, to implement communications programs
- Overseeing and managing projects and budgets Product Communications
- Acquiring an overarching view of individual compounds, therapeutic areas, and the external environment, including competition
- Proposing, crafting, and executing (with or without agency support) communications strategies, including their budget requirements, that are aligned with our brand strategies and meet our stakeholders’ and customers’ needs
- Partnering with subject-matter experts to produce guidance materials for Product Consultants and other externally facing employees for their reference in their interactions with health-care professions and other stakeholders Internal Communications
- Working with internal business partners, vendors and external stakeholders to raise awareness, understanding, and excitement about our current portfolio and the progress of our pipeline
- Brand Business Plan/Business Partner Interface and Support
- Championing communications considerations in key business-planning and budgeting processes
- A university degree, and/or a degree or certificate in Public Relations or Communications, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Public Relations or Communications, preferably in pharmaceuticals, health care, or another industry with a similar degree of regulation. Candidates from other fields are also encouraged to apply, and to stretch their creativity against the smaller number of less obvious opportunities in this constrained environment. It’s difficult, and success is that much sweeter as a result
- Superior people skills
- Exceptional communications skills, including air-traffic-controller attention to detail in your listening, speaking, and writing; also a knack for making things plain
- Demonstrated abilities in anticipating and addressing long-term communications issues, trends, and opportunities within a field or subject area • Great skill in translating business objectives and communications strategies into consistent, efficient, and effective communications tactics
- A strong track record in media-relations, audience-mobilization, online communications, and social media (especially) to accomplish strategic communications- and business-objectives
- Lots of ideas for corporate storytelling that draws attention in a saturated information environment
You know (or you can quickly learn):
- The landscape of Canada’s healthcare information environment, including legacy media, online and social media, and influential third parties
- How to effectively direct and manage the work of communications agencies • The importance and process of measuring the effectiveness of communications plans and programs
- At your best when working on multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment requiring creativity, strategy, subtlety, and accuracy
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, with strong initiative, work ethic, and the ability to independently make decisions within guidelines established by internal policies and external regulations
- Powerfully persuasive, exercising influence (at times without authority) with cross-functional partners and/or senior management in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to work across the spectrum of autonomy and collaboration, and exercise good judgement in adopting the approach appropriate to the circumstance
- Flexible, with deft learning agility, which allows you to quickly adapt to new priorities and business opportunities
- La maîtrise du français serait un atout. Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity.
We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
If you are interested, please apply online here, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.