North Bay Nugget (Postmedia)
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Posted: March 11, 2019
Deadline: April 15, 2019
The North Bay Nugget has an immediate opening for a dedicated and enthusiastic full-time multimedia journalist in North Bay, Ontario.
The Nugget's veteran team is the news leader in Nipissing District, competing aggressively in an active digital market, while maintaining core print products that continue to deliver in-depth, relevant and engaging content for a dedicated print audience.
The Nugget is part of Postmedia Network Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Postmedia Network Canada Corp. (TSX:PNC.A, PNC.B), with more than 140 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. It offers a competitive salary and benefits plan.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, trained journalist with excellent digital skills, who is hungry to break news and eager to take an innovative approach to capture and tell human-focused stories.
- A valid driver's licence and reliable vehicle are a must.
- Evening and weekend work are required.
- The ideal candidate also will possess:
- A degree or diploma in journalism
- Strong writing, photography and computer skills
- An excellent understanding of print and online journalism, photography and social media
- Proficiency in English and CP style
- Adherence to journalistic ethics and accuracy
- An ability to meet deadlines, and work independently, as well as part of a dedicated news team
- A willingness to learn video reporting
- Knowledge of WordPress and an ability to post to the Web will be considered assets
- Knowledge of the North Bay area is preferable, but not mandatory
- Enthusiasm, the ability to generate ideas and creative storytelling are mandatory
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Applicants who meet the job requirements are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and four samples of published work (attach them as documents, please, don’t just send links) by midnight March 22, 2019.
We would like to thank all interested applicants. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The anticipated start date is April 1, 2019.
Send your resume, cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board) and samples to:
North Bay Nugget