Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: March 5, 2019
Deadline: March 26, 2019
Title: Assistant Editor
Company: Chronicle Information Resources Inc.
Location: Etobicoke, Ont.
Status: Full-time, M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (occasional weekends and evenings needed)
Company Profile: Chronicle Companies is an independent creator and distributor of original content for medical practitioners, for the Life Sciences industries, and for the public. Since 1995, we reliably provide useful, credible, and innovative information products and services that enable the dissemination and exchange of knowledge directed toward improving the health and quality of life of individuals.
Job Description: The Assistant Editor will be responsible for researching, interviewing, and writing original content for our various medical print publications. The Assistant Editor will need to source and edit content for our online publications. They will utilize a variety of social media sites to distribute our material. They will help with developing video and photography content. At times, the Assistant Editor will be tasked with layout and design using QuarkXpress. As part of the Chronicle Team, the Assistant Editor will be required (when needed) to aid with Chronicle events, Chronicle custom projects, and Linacre Publications.
- Post-Secondary Degree/College diploma in Journalism, Communications, English, or equivalent.
- Experience writing for magazine, newspaper, print, or web required
- Interest/experience in medical, health, and/or pharmaceuticals an asset
- Excellent editing, writing, interviewing, and research skills
- Experience using social media professionally (Facebook, Twitter, Facebook live, Instagram, YouTube, more)
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks in a variety of disciplines
- Experience with video shooting and editing with iMovie and/or Wochnit
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of writing press releases and custom projects an asset
- Strong layout and design skills using QuarkXpress
- Familiarity with CMS systems (Wix) an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, CV, and writing samples to:
555 Burnhamthorpe Road, Suite 306