Vista Radio Ltd
|News Reporter - Nelson
Location: Courtenay, British Columbia
Posted: February 20, 2019
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Here it is. Your next big break.
You're detail oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
You're comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room (well, as comfortable as the locker room gets).
You're a team player, a self starter, and are willing and able to lead by example.
You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
If this is you, apply now to be our News Reporter in Nelson with Vista Radio!
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement.
Vista radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 63 transmitters located in three provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Be a part of the community, live, work, and play here
- Researching and writing news stories
- Executing an excruciatingly local broadcast
- Voice tracking broadcasts, as required
- Represent the radio station at community events
- Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Full-time work experience in a newsroom would be a significant asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Self starter
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo with your application, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.