|Financial News Writer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: February 8, 2019
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Proactive Investors is a global financial media portal that’s opening a digital news desk in Toronto. We're looking for writers who are excited about joining a team that's redefining how small-cap stocks and markets are covered. This is an opportunity to make your mark with a fast-growing company.
For more than a decade we’ve been providing up-to-the-minute coverage of breaking global business news on thousands of listed and pre-IPO companies from our headquarters in London and our bureaus in the US, Canada and Australia, all of which are outfitted with state-of-art video studios.
From our newly opened digital newsrooms in Vancouver and Toronto, we cover Canadian markets, public and private companies and world events. Our multimedia platform is complemented by high-quality investor events, smart investor relations delivery, and highly respected research. We offer a suite of news, multimedia, and investment research tools that enable companies and investors to connect intelligently.
We also deliver targeted content to many of the world’s largest news amalgamators, financial websites, and news-tracking services. And we provide commentary to dozens of leading investor-focused websites, breaking down our offerings into focused industry sectors, themes and topics.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate has two to five years of experience writing for a newswire, newspaper or web outlet covering public companies, financial markets or both. You are financially savvy, good at turning a phrase, have an eye for detail, and unfazed by writing under deadline pressure. Experience covering small-cap growth companies is a plus. You demonstrate an understanding of how and why news coming from public companies generates value for investors.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Opportunities for career enhancement. We are in a growth phase currently and can offer the opportunity for professional development.
- Possibility to work abroad. We have offices around the world and we’re keen for employees to take advantage of the various options that brings.
- A chance to join the team at our new office in Toronto.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related discipline.
- Two to five years of reporting experience.
- A willingness to learn and to develop new skills.
- The ability to leverage coverage using social media.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
767 Third Avenue, Floor 17
Tel: (646) 968 0328
Web address: http://www.proactiveinvestors.com