Peace River Record Gazette (Postmedia)
Location: Peace River, Alberta
Posted: February 5, 2019
Deadline: February 28, 2019
The Peace River Record Gazette, a division of Postmedia Network Inc., is looking for a writer/editor to generate daily coverage in this town of 6,800 people in northern Alberta. The successful candidate must be community-minded with a focus on producing local news, compelling feature stories and eye-catching photography for the paper’s digital products and print editions. The successful applicant will be a proven leader with the ability to balance multiple writing and editing tasks in a busy newsroom.
Role and Responsibilities
- Setting the news agenda
- Generating interesting story/feature stories as well as shooting still photos
- Engaging in energetic use of social media
- Editing local news, columns and letters to the editor
- Writing editorials and columns for the paper's opinion section
The Peace River Record Gazette is a proud member of the community of Peace River, deeply rooted in the local history and a current news leader in northern Alberta.
- Candidates should have a journalism degree or diploma
- Candidates should have previous experience leading a team in a newsroom
- Layout experience with Adobe InDesign is considered an essential asset
- Candidates must own a DSLR camera
- Experience and knowledge of social media is an asset
- Applicants must hold a valid driver’s license and own a vehicle
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis. Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, resume and samples of work to: