Prince Rupert Northern View
|Multimedia Journalist - Sports
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Posted: February 4, 2019
The award-winning Prince Rupert Northern View is currently accepting applications for an immediate opening in our newsroom.
We are looking for someone who will join our hard-working, friendly, welcoming (sometimes a bit wacky) team that is taking both print and digital journalism to the next level. Given the very nature of sports reporting with the understandable need for general reporting) weekend and evening work is absolutely required.
Want to work, and work hard, in a flexible, fun but challenging newsroom? If so, then read on.
- University or college education. (We are willing to train the right individual who may not have a journalism background, but demonstrates a real interest or promise).
- Demonstrated qualities of being a self-starter, showing initiative and self-organization are mandatory.
- Aptitude or experience in sports, photography and video.
- Valid driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
- Willingness to immerse oneself into the community and cultures.
- Outstanding work ethic (if you have any questions on this .. don't apply).
- Computer literacy
- Friendly, outgoing team-player with a genuine curious nature.
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, resume, clippings, portfolios - something to get our attention - BY EMAIL ONLY, phone calls will not be considered, in fact, ignored. Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Web address: http://www.thenorthernview.com