Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posted: January 31, 2019
Deadline: March 1, 2019
Full Time Journalist Position
CityNews Montreal is looking for an experienced Journalist for a full time position. As an experienced News professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition. You should be capable of using traditional and non-traditional mediums to tell a story.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Organizes material and writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Generates compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Host the newscast live either in the newsroom or out in the field.
- Be an editorial leader in the newsroom, help produce newscasts and coordinate coverage with our partners
- Be ready to fill in for the Supervising Producer as needed
- Be fluent in social media trends with a personal Twitter account and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- Be ready to post CityNews content to your website and social media channels
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and does not feel bound by the confines of a typical television reporter package
- Proven editorial leadership, knows what it takes to put a newscast to air.
- Solid writing skills, knows how to write to pictures and how to use sound to deliver quality content.
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of the city
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a clean driving record and valid license
- Must be bilingual
- Experience operating a video camera and editing is an asset.
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board and resume to:
1200 Mcgill College
Web address: http://jobs.rogers.com