Vista Radio Ltd
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Posted: January 30, 2019
Deadline: February 28, 2019
News Reporter - 2day FM Grande Prairie, AB
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement.
Vista radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 63 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
- Success: Small to medium size business have experienced the success of Vista's enterprise operating ad platform.
- Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work makes a large impact on their success.
- Cutting Edge: Vista's digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as the advertising powerhouse.
- Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes.
About the Job: Vista Radio has an immediate opening for a News Reporter in Grande Prairie, AB.
- Be a part of the community, live, work, and play there
- Researching and writing news stories
- Translating news into relatable local content on our website
- Writing and preparing Radio Newscast scripts
- Establishing an accurate Newscast for on-air delivery Reading news, as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Self starter
- An exceptional teammate and resource
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air ENCO software
- Ability to use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for sourcing and writing news stories and anchoring when needed
- Target is four stories per day for both on air and online use
- Edit and anchor news, sports and weather as assigned
- Cover all news beats including crime, local politics, the environment, social justice issues, business, labour and community events as necessary
- Daily updating for the news section on the station website and social media platforms
- Board operation when necessary
- Utilize social media to build audience and contacts
- Being a positive leader in the building and assist in creating a winning team attitude
- Full understanding of Company values
- Represent the station at community & station events
- Work effectively with the Programming Department
- Attend weekly programming/staff meetings
- College Diploma/University Degree in Broadcast Journalism or Radio
- Strong presentation and vocal skills are essential
- Experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills and strong understanding of current events
- Impeccable attention to detail: spelling, grammar and sentence structure
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and competency of technology/social media
- Experience with ENCO, Adobe Audition and Newsroom an asset
- Independent, motivated, self-starter
- Positive attitude and friendly manner
- Valid driver's license and own insured vehicle
Instructions: Submit a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Media Job Board and resume to:
Web address: http://www.vistaradio.ca/careers