|Associate Editor, Benefits Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: January 26, 2019
Do you have an interest in health issues, financial matters, demographic trends and the impact on the workplace? Can you see how issues like increased longevity are affecting our society? If so, Benefits Canada, a publication focused on pensions and benefits, may be the place for you.
We are seeking an experienced journalist to join the Benefits Canada team to fill the role of associate editor whose primary accountability will be to plan, write and edit news and other editorial content for Benefits Canada and benefitscanada.com.
The ideal candidate will have a background and interest in writing about health, human resources and financial matters. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a collaborative and creative environment, and who can see the link between complex topics written for a niche audience and the impact on broader society.
Reporting to the editor, the key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Write features and other content for Benefits Canada magazine
- Collaborate with colleagues to write, edit and post web content for benefitscanada.com
- Generate story ideas and leads for the print magazine and the website
- Assist with putting together Benefits Canada’s daily newsletter and help manage social media platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Attend and report on industry events
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of relevant editing/writing experience with a background in business journalism
- A positive attitude and an interest in delving into pension, benefits and investment topics is essential
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, interviewing and proofreading skills
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office and WordPress
- Superior research skills and knowledge of web analytics
- Ability to work well as part of an editorial team; a true team player
- Excellent time management skills in a deadline-driven environment
- May be required to work overtime, including occasional nights/weekends for events attendance
- May be required to travel to industry events
Interested candidates should apply online here or by e-mail below, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.