Location: Flin Flon, Manitoba
Posted: January 23, 2019
Salary: not stated
The Reminder has an immediate opening for a dedicated and enthusiastic full-time editor in Flin Flon. Our two-person newsroom is responsible for delivering solid news coverage and compelling photos from this vibrant Manitoba community and works to break important stories that matter to our readers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a person who’s not afraid to go the extra mile to capture and tell human-focused stories.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Generate story ideas
- Write up to 10 stories a week (sports, news, opinion and features)
- Take compelling, eye-catching photos
- Keep our community updated by posting to the website/social media
- Be a team player who is flexible to changing work needs
- a driver’s license and working vehicle
- proficiency in English and CP style
- adherence to journalistic ethics
- ability to write accurate and fair stories to deadline
- computer skills in a Mac environment
- a post-secondary qualification in journalism or a related field would be an asset
- basic knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign would be an asset
- Possess excellent communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits plan.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Successful candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
If this job seems right for you, please email your resume, writing and photography samples and references - along with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
14 North Avenue
Tel: (204) 687.3454
Fax: (204) 687.4473
Web address: http://www.thereminder.ca