|Conference and Special Projects Editor
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: January 14, 2019
The Conference and Special Projects Editor is responsible for overseeing the planning and successful execution of conferences for Advisor’s Edge and Investment Executive, with occasional support to Benefits Canada.
This role includes researching industry trends, content development and assignment, freelancer management, marketing and advertising, maintaining client relations and on-site management.
- Together with relevant editorial teams, strategizing and creating special conference themes;
- Writing and editing digital content, presentations and conference coverage;
- Creating execution frameworks for custom content and developing discussion guides and assigning roles to panelists for conferences;
- For conferences, creating agendas, scripts, and relevant promotional materials;
- Working with the web services team to create and update digital microsites, event pages, etc.;
- Performing and/or assigning quality control on all audience- and client-facing materials;
- Reviewing and analyzing survey responses, engagement analytics and audience trends to improve future executions and develop future content;
- Liaising with companies and public figures;
- Overseeing the successful execution of conferences, roundtables, etc. and the participants’ roles and responsibilities;
- Client management in conjunction with the account manager and project manager, where applicable;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A deep understanding of the educational needs and interests of Canadian financial advisors and financial professionals, honed over years of creating meaningful digital, print and live content for this audience;
- An entrepreneurial editor who can manage the fine balance between serving the audience’s best interests and driving engagement-based revenue;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, English, communications or relevant program;
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and producing content for special editorial projects;
- Experience managing a team of freelancers;
- Adeptness in working across functional teams within the company, including Audience Development, Marketing, Sales, Web Services and Finance;
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, particularly with C-suite and influencers; previous client management experience is an asset;
- Adherence to the TC Media Statement of Ethics and an understanding of how it applies to special, custom and sponsored executions;
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and Dialog Insight;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, CMS;
- Knowledge of Canadian Press and house style;
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet competing deadlines;
- Event planning experience an asset.
Interested candidates should apply with resume and cover letter - stating you found this job online - online here or to:
Anna-Christina Di Liberto