|Show Producer, CityNews Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: January 7, 2019
CityNews Toronto is looking for a show producer with proven leadership abilities to help craft the future of local news.
Working in a newsroom that overlooks the heart of the city, you’ll lead CityNews Toronto’s flagship programs at 5 and 6 p.m.: ensuring our coverage stands apart from the competition; and builds upon the unique storytelling style for which Citytv has become famous.
Unlike other major-market newsrooms, you’ll have the freedom to create and innovate on a daily basis. Our vision is that no two shows will look alike.
- You thrive under pressure and enjoy starting each day with a blank canvas. You have exceptional editorial skills. You enjoy coaching, motivating and mentoring. You work well with others. You’re not afraid to take risks and know that bold ideas are necessary in this ever-changing news industry. You have all of your news-app notifications set to “on.”
- You get Toronto – and can talk about the characters, neighbourhoods and stories that make this city great.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the creation of our flagship weekday news programs – including show lineup and vetting scripts
- Work with newsroom management to execute CityNews strategy
- Collaborate with assignment desk to ensure we cover stories relevant to our Toronto audience
- Oversee writers and associate producers in the creation of fast-paced, compelling and informative news content.
- Pitch and contribute to creative brainstorms and story meetings
- Lead special projects (i.e. elections)
- Lead & participate in post-production meetings and feedback sessions
- Be a role model for the newsroom, exemplifying journalistic excellence
- Minimum 10 years of TV news producing or reporting experience
- Experience with live control-room production
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills
To apply, please visit jobs.rogers.com
, create a Rogers Career Profile, and search for Req ID #130022 (Show Producer, CityNews).
Please state in your application that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
1 Mount Pleasant Rd
Web address: http://jobs.rogers.com