RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posted: December 21, 2018
Deadline: February 28, 2019
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking an Account Executive to support our publications and our clients. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a talent for relationship-building and an understanding competitive advertising media.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team whose in-house brand, Avenue, is Calgary’s premiere city lifestyle magazine, and whose award-winning WestJet Magazine has been read nationally (and internationally) for more than 14 years. The RedPoint team also creates custom publications for clients like BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation.
RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our company’s future.
RedPoint is welcoming applications for a full-time Account Executive to develop advertising sales focused on WestJet Magazine, Avenue Calgary and other custom publications. Based in Calgary, this position will cover an established national territory and will report to the Group Publisher, RedPoint Media. The Account Executive is responsible for meeting sales goals and ensuring client satisfaction.
This is an opportunity to:
- Represent a complete portfolio of RedPoint publications and services, including print and online advertising and other products and services.
- Work in the best interests of both the client or agency and RedPoint and its affiliates.
- Prospect, sell to and service out-of-province accounts.
- Work constructively with national and U.S. agencies.
- Respond to RFPs with timely and professional proposals.
- Work creatively with in-house production teams, sales management and publishers to create innovative and customizable proposals.
- Work diligently with internal traffic and production teams for the joint responsibility of collecting ad materials, managing proofs and changes with the client/agency and acting as a liaison between the client/agency and RedPoint and its affiliates.
- Ensure the detailed contractual obligations of all advertising sales, with emphasis on upholding the terms of the contract.
- Meet or exceed sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Significantly grow national business for RedPoint and its affiliates.
our ideal candidate
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Previous magazine or media sales experience is an asset.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Strong prospecting and sales skills, with proven experience in advertising sales an asset.
- 2 - 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with advertising agencies on a national and international level.
- Excellent understanding of competitive advertising media.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-sell and present innovative strategies to the best interest of the client/agency.
- Demonstrated creativity in customizing advertising and promotional opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficiency with proposals and PowerPoint presentations; ability to apply research and targeted strategies toward RFP responses.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage both external and internal coordination of production requirements.
- Team player along with ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed sales targets.
- Demonstrated ability to document sales activities in sales management tools.
- Ability to develop and build new markets and industries.
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back
to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
how to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
This posting is open until Thursday February 28, 2019 Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, to:
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions
100, 1900 - 11th Street SE
Web address: http://www.redpointmedia.ca/