Moose Jaw Express/MooseJawToday.com
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posted: December 21, 2018
The Moose Jaw Express has an immediate opening for a full-time online reporter to join our team of talented journalists.
We're looking for a digital-savvy journalist who has a passion for telling stories that resonate with the community both on our soon-to-launch new daily website, MooseJawToday.com, and in our social media feeds. The successful candidate is a self-starter who is at ease in a fast-paced environment and comfortable behind both the keyboard and a camera.
On a daily basis, you will be asked to write on a variety of subjects, including news (politics, crime, courts, etc.), business and lifestyle coverage. The successful candidate must be able to track down, verify and report on breaking news, pitch original story ideas and write, edit and publish their articles on a consistent, daily basis. The successful candidate will be able to shoot and edit photos and isn’t afraid to go live on social media.
The Moose Jaw Express is a community newspaper serving the city of Moose Jaw and 67 other communities. We are looking to take to the next level in terms of reach, reader engagement and around-the-clock coverage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Degree/diploma in journalism, broadcasting or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience writing and editing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior news judgement as well as language, writing and editing skills
- Photography, video and editing experience are an asset
- Strong social media storytelling skills
- Understanding of journalism ethics, law and copyright
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends when required
- Organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
Please send your resume, cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board) and work samples, with "digital reporter" in the subject line, to:
Moose Jaw Express