CFMWS, Canadian Forces
||REF#: # SHI-18-36
Location: Shilo, Manitoba
Posted: December 18, 2018
Deadline: February 1, 2019
Salary: $16.05 - $20.24
This Category I unionized position is open to all interested parties. Preference will be granted in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the UFCW bargaining unit for Category I NPF employees at CFB Shilo. * * * * * *Assistant EditorPersonnel Support ProgramsShilo StagCFB ShiloFull-time Position Who We Are:
Our organization is committed to enhancing the morale and welfare of the military community, ultimately contributing to the operational readiness and effectiveness of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). We pride ourselves on being part of the Defense Team. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.cfmws.com
. Job Summary:
Under the supervision of the Managing Editor, the Assistant Editor assists in the preparation of stories, advertisements, posters, and other material for publication and proofreads material. He/She ensures stories and photos meet quality, content and deadline standards, and submits them for final approval. He/She also supervises the reporter, including assignment and first edit of stories.
Defined Benefit Pension Plan & Savings plans (TFSA, RRSPs)
A comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, vision, group life insurance, sick leave, and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D).
Accessible facilities on base (i.e. Fitness facility, Swimming pool, etc)
Salary = $16.05 to $20.24/hour
Security: Enhanced Reliability
- College diploma or certificate in Journalism, Communications, or related field AND some years experience.
- High school and several years experience in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Language Requirement: English mandatory
- Experience Requirements:
- In creating spot colour and/or full-process colour ads/page designs for newsprint
- In scanning negatives and manipulating pictures
- In office administration
- In writing articles following journalism guidelines
- In using Web design software
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail and Internet browsing
- NPF employees must demonstrate the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
NPF is committed to employment equity. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all of the designated group members. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Start Date: March 1, 2019
Application Deadline: 23:59 hrs Pacific time on 01 February 2019
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter - quoting competition # SHI-18-36 and stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
NFP HR Office
CFMWS - PSP
Tel: (204) 765-3000
Web address: http://www.cfmws.com