The Hinton Voice
Location: Hinton, Alberta
Posted: December 4, 2018
Deadline: December 14, 2018
The Hinton Voice has an immediate opening for a hard-working, enthusiastic full-time multimedia journalist. The candidate we are looking for is a self-starter who can produce written and visual coverage that impacts our readers.
The Hinton Voice is an independent, locally-owned news organization that publishes a weekly print edition and is the community's trusted source of online news. You will be joining a team of working owners who have won provincial and national awards for feature writing, news and sports coverage, photography and advertising design. This coming year will mark our 10th in operation.
Hinton is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, a region that boasts world-class outdoor amenities, provincial parks, wilderness areas and Jasper National Park. The community has a population of 10,000 and is the region's hub for healthcare, as well as globally-renowned research and wildfire training facilities. The economy is based on forestry, mining, oil and gas, as well as an emerging tourism industry.
- Produce eight to 10 diverse pieces per week for print and online
- Attend council meetings and provide coverage of all levels of government
- Take tight and bright photos that tell a a story
- Collaborate on fun and informative social media postings
- Help with pagination
- Adapt to changing newsroom needs
- Post-secondary journalism and/or field experience
- Ability to write accurately on a deadline
- A driver's licence and vehicle
- Familiarity with CP style and journalistic ethics
- Mac computer skills and InDesign experience an asset
We offer a competitive salary with room to grow, as well as a benefits plan.
Please send resumé, writing and photography samples and references - along with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
The Hinton Voice